Two partners invested Rs. 125000 and Rs. 85000 respectively in a business. They distribute 60% of the profit equally and decide to distribute the remaining 40% as the interest on their capitals. If one partner received Rs. 3000 more than the other, the total profits is ?

A. Rs. 42250 B. Rs. 39375 C. Rs. 38840 D. Rs. 36575 Answer: Option B
Show Answer

Solution(By Apex Team)

$\begin{array}{l}\text{Let the total profit be Rs.}\ x\\ \text{Then, 60% of the profit}\\ =\text{Rs.}\ \left(\large\frac{60}{100}\times x\right)\\ =\text{Rs.}\ \Large\frac{\text{3x}}{5}\end{array}$ From this part of the profit each gets = Rs.$\Large\frac{3 x}{10}$ $\begin{array}{l} \text{40% of total profit}\\ =\text{Rs.}\ \left(\large\frac{40}{100}\times x\right)\\ =\text{Rs.}\ \Large\frac{\text{2x}}{5}\end{array}$ Now, this amount of Rs.$\Large\frac{2 x}{5}$has been divided in the ratio of capitals, which is 125000 : 85000 or 25 : 17 as interests ∴ Interest on first capital $\begin{aligned}&=\text{ Rs. }\left(\frac{2x}{5}\times\frac{25}{42}\right)\\ &=\text{ Rs. }\frac{5x}{21}\end{aligned}$ Interest on second capital $\begin{aligned}&=\text{ Rs. }\left(\frac{2x}{5}\times\frac{17}{42}\right)\\ &=\text{ Rs. }\frac{17x}{105}\end{aligned}$ Total money received by first partner $\begin{aligned}&=\text{ Rs. }\left(\frac{3x}{10}+\frac{5x}{21}\right)\\ &=\text{ Rs. }\frac{113x}{210}\end{aligned}$ Total money received by second partner $\begin{aligned}&=\text{ Rs. }\left(\frac{3x}{10}+\frac{17x}{105}\right)\\ &=\text{ Rs. }\frac{97x}{210}\\ &\therefore\frac{113x}{210}-\frac{97x}{210}=3000\\ &\Rightarrow x=39375\end{aligned}$ Hence, Total profit Rs.39375

Related Questions On Partnership

Three partners shared the profit in a business in the ratio 5 : 7 : 8. They had partnered for 14 months, 8 months and 7 months respectively. What was the ratio of their investments?

A. 5 : 7 : 8
B. 20 : 49 : 64
C. 38 : 28 : 21
D. None of these
Show Answer

Three partners A , B , C start a business . B’s Capital is four times C’s capital and twice A’s capital is equal to thrice B’s capital . If the total profit is Rs 16500 at the end of a year ,Find out B’s share in it.

A. Rs. 4000
B. Rs. 5000
C. Rs. 6000
D. Rs. 7000
Show Answer

Kamal started a business investing Rs. 9000. After five months, Sameer joined with a capital of Rs 8000. If at the end of the year, they earn a profit of Rs. 6970, then what will be the share of Sameer in the profit ?

A. Rs. 2380
B. Rs. 2300
C. Rs. 2280
D. Rs. 2260
Show Answer

P and Q invested in a business. The profit earned was divided in the ratio 2 : 3. If P invested Rs 40000, the amount invested by Q is

A. Rs. 40000
B. Rs. 50000
C. Rs. 60000
D. Rs. 70000
Show Answer

More Related Questions On Partnership

Leave Your Thoughts Here...